Cork County Library and Arts Service Short Story Competition 2014
Conditions of Entry
· Stories must be less than 2,000 words.
· All entrants must be 18 or over
· All entrants must be a current registered library member in any public library.
· Stories must be the original work of the author.
· Stories must not have been previously published or, accepted for future publication elsewhere.
· Stories must be typed on A4 paper. No handwritten entries will be accepted.
· All entries must be accompanied by an entry form. The name of the entrant must not appear on the story itself.
· 20 stories will be shortlisted for publication and a winner selected by a panel of judges
including Dave Lordan,
Vincent McDonnell and Billy O’Callaghan
· The winner’s prize will be attendance and accommodation on a week long writing workshop at the West Cork Literary Festival 2014 in Bantry plus accommodation
· Copyright of each story will remain with the author; however Cork County Library and Art Service reserves the right to publication in print or electronic format and/or broadcast of shortlisted stories
· Submission of a story deems acceptance of each of the above conditions
· The Judges decision is final
Entries may be submitted at any branch of Cork County Library, by post to Arts Office, Cork County Council, County Hall or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of entries is
Friday 14th February , 2014
Cork County Library and Art Service