- Very Short Fiction. 1st: $1,500, and publication in Issue 94. Deadline: 4/30.
- Winners and finalists will be announced in the July 1 bulletin, and contacted directly the previous week. Second- and 3rd-places win, respectively, $500 and $300, or, if published, $700.
- Any story—up to 3,000 words—that has not previously been accepted for print publication is welcome!
- Please no more than three submissions per contest. As always, simultaneous submissions are okay; please just notify us immediately if your submission is accepted elsewhere.
- Writing Guidelines
- If I listen to the world, it pours prompts, it gushes prompts. It takes discipline to pay attention and watch. It takes self-control to be quiet and write about it later.—Stefanie Freele