Genre Spoof Competition (FREE Entry!)
In association with Bookmuse
A departure from our usual first page and short story competitions, this time we’re looking for a condensed spoof of your favourite genre, up to 1000 words. See examples below.
Entry is FREE and our favourites will be published in a Bookmuse Reader’s Journal later this year, which will include review templates, quotes, to-be-read record pages and more.
All published entrants will receive a complimentary copy of the journal, and the overall winner, chosen by the Triskele Books team, will receive a £30 Amazon voucher.
30th September 2014 (winners announced by 31st October 2014).
Simply send your entry as a Word Doc to email@example.com with the subject ‘Genre Spoof Competition’ and include your name, address and phone number in the body of the email.
A Few Rules
- We will not return or keep entries after the winners have been announced. Please keep your own copy.
- Entries must be in English.
- You must be 16 years or over.
- Stories must be previously unpublished either online or in print, and must not have been accepted for publication elsewhere. We do, however, accept stories that have been on critique forums or are currently submitted to another competition.
- No alterations may be made to a submission once received.
- Copyright remains with the author. However, Words with JAM/Bookmuse retain the right to publish the winning entries on their websites and in the Bookmuse Journal.
- Entries from regular columnists of Words with JAM are welcome.
- The prize of £30 Amazon voucher will be paid within 30 days of publication of the winning entry.