Thursday 28 November 2013

Ani DiFranco

Ani Difranco

"Cause to me, it's, there's nothing that's personal and private, it's all universal. There's no experience that I have ever had that's unique. And the fact that there is just certain stuff that we share but don't admit to and don't talk about. You know, what is that about?"


"We barely have time to react in this world, let alone rehearse, and I don't think that I'm better than you but I don't think that I'm worse. Women learn to be women, and men learn to be men, and I don't blame it all on you, but I don't want to be you”


"you can doubt anything if you think about it long enough cuz what happened always adjusts to fit what happened after that"

"Some people wear their smile like a disguise. Those people who smile a lot, watch their eyes. I know 'cause I'm like that a lot. You think everything's ok, and it is . . . 'till it's not."



"What kind of scale compares the weight of two beauties, the gravity of duties, or the ground speed of joy? Tell me, what kind of gage can quantify elation? What kind of equation could I possibly employ?"


"I've been a long time coming, and I'll be a long time gone. You've got your whole life to do something, and that's not very long."


"It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me."

"I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort where we overlap."

"People need something or someone to fasten themselves to in order to reassure themselves that they are real."

No comments:

Post a Comment