Creative Writing Ink News
(1) Creative Writing Ink Monthly Competitions
March competition is still open and closes on the 31st. Remember, it's free to enter.
We accept short stories or poetry. Word limit; 3,000 words, any theme. Full details over at http://creativewriting.ie/competitions-and-events/
(2) Writing Prompts Competition
Please note there won't be any new writing prompts in March and all entries submitted for our February writing prompt competition will be considered for our February/March competition. The winner will be announced in April. So you still have until the 31st of March to submit an entry.
For full details, please visit http://creativewriting.ie/writing-prompt
(3) Online Courses
1. Our next advanced course with Geraldine Mills will take place on April 29th. This course will address the basic difficulties faced by writers in the craft of short fiction. For more information, check out http://creativewriting.ie/advanced-creative-writing-course/ or email email@example.com
2. Our intermediate creative writing course and the Lost and Found poetry workshop will start again on April 29th. The six-week intermediate creative writing course provides an opportunity to explore specific writing techniques which help to build a solid bridge between the beginner and the more experienced writer.
The six-week Lost and Found poetry workshop is an ideal way to explore the business of poetry under the guidance of a published poet. It is equally suitable for aspiring poets on the initial rung of their journey, poets working towards a first collection or poets who have already been published. More information over at http://creativewriting.ie/intermediate-creative-writing-course/ and http://creativewriting.ie/poetry-course/
3. The next available date for our screenwriting course is April 29th. More info over at http://creativewriting.ie/screenwriting-course/ According to Hitchcock's famous line the essentials of a good movie are, 'the script, the script, the script'. "We pay our respects to this idea in this screenwriting course, by studying some masters in the field. The Russian filmmaker, Tarkovsky expressed something worth noting when he said 'it is not pacing that moves a film quickly along but the strength of ideas expressed in the writing'. What you can expect in this course is authentic scrutiny and analysis, help with self-questioning of your creative ideas and developing them to the maximum."
4. We have set a new date for our writing for children course with Oisin McGann which will start on May 13th. Our Writing for Children course will cover the basics of storytelling and the specific aspects of writing for children and young adults. Areas that will be looked at include: how to generate ideas; how to use observation; description of both character and setting; using dialogue and ensuring a good pace and plot, as well as how to tailor your writing for different age groups. There will be short practical exercises at each stage of the course. Oisin will also be giving tips on how to get published, and how to market your books once you get published. Early booking is advisable as places are strictly limited to 12 and our January course was booked up well in advance. More information over at http://creativewriting.ie/writing-for-children-course/
5. Encourage family or friends with their writing! We offer online gift vouchers.Our gift vouchers are available in any denomination and are redeemable against any course or service. Visit http://creativewriting.ie/gift-vouchers/ for more information or you can contact us by email.
(b) Editing Services
Have you written a short story or book? Check out our editing services over at http://creativewriting.ie/proofreading/ We offer affordable editing rates, if you've written a book and would like some feedback before you send your manuscript off to a publisher, we offer publishing submission packages from €95.
We also offer proofreading and editing services for dissertations, theses and journal articles or editing services for corporate clients. For more information or for a quotation check out our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org